- Day 01: Giza Pyramids Day Tour
Pick you up from the cruise exit and travel to visit Cairo. Start in Saqqara also spelled "Sakkara" which is one of the outspread archaeological spot in Egypt, it features several pyramids but best recognized for the Step Pyramid built 2700 BC for King zoser designed by his genius architect Imhotep, as well as a mastaba tombs (bench) devoted to the High officials of variuos Pharonic ages.
Drive to Giza Plateau, location of Egypt’s signature landmark. Explore the Great Pyramids, it is ONE of the seven wonders of ancient world including the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren, Mykerinos and the fuzzy Sphinx.
From there you will be taken to your hotel in Cairo and overnight.
- Day 02: Cairo City Sightseeing
Breakfast in the hotel then join your private Egyptologist guide to world the famed Museum of Egyptian antiquities; situated at Tahrir square in the downtown of Cairo. Established in 1897 and opened on November 1902.
Move onto the castle of Saladin that overlooks the city from the Muqattam Hills and Mohammed Ali Alabaster Mosque stands inside, the mosque is built in style very similar to the Blue Mosque in Turkey and it is to be one of the top landmarks in Cairo whose minarets can be seen from any part of old Cairo.
Finally stop at Khan El Khalil Bazaar one of the most known & oldest bazaars in the Middle East. Then you will travel Back to your Cruise for the final departure.
Pick up from Alexandria Port & return
All transfers in private air conditioned vehicle
01 night in Mena House Oberoi Hotel
Private English Egyptologist tour guide
Entrance fees to all mentioned sites
Lunch meals in local restaurant
Bottled water on board vehicle & during tour
All Service charges & taxes.
Shore Tripping Tips
Not Included in 2 Day Cairo Excursion From Alexandria Port:
- Geetting inside the small Pyramid: 06$ per person
- Getting inside the great pyramids: 20$ per person
- Visiting the Solar Boat Museum : 10$ per person
- The Mummy Room in Egyptian Museum: 20$ per person
2 Day Cairo Excursion From Alexandria Port Safety Terms:
- Stay assured that we monitor the departure time of the cruise to return in the suitable time.
- Entry visa to Egypt is obtainable on board cruise by the Egyptian Immigration to all passenger.
- Security is provided equally for all tourists arriving to Egypt through cruise line or local operator.
What to Bring During 2 Day Cairo Excursion From Alexandria Port?
- Sunscreens or sun block for the hot sun in desert areas like Giza, Saqqare, Dahshour and Memphis.
- Sunglasses especially in summer times.
- Light and colorful clothing for high temperature in Cairo and Egypt in general.
- Light and comfortable shoes if you are visiting the pyramids or desert areas.
- Women should wear light scarf over short and sleeves shirts in case you would visit any religius site.
Egypt Official name is the Arab republic of Egypt with recent population of about 90 millions.
Egypt spans across Africa & Asia. Bordered by Israel - Libya - Sudan - Mediterranean - Red Sea.
Mount Sinai is the highest mountain 2275 M high & the world longest Nile River ends in Egypt.
Egypt is a dry country as Sahara - Eastern Desert - Libyan Deserts represent most of the surface.
Arabic is the official language & Cairo is the capital city with the largest population of 20 million.
Egyptian Pound is the official currency. It is about 0.14 USD or 0.11 Euro and 0.08 British Pound.
Egyptians are linked to soccer as French are to wine. Al Ahly & Al Zamalek are top football teams.
Egypt is known for ancient civilization 3150 B.C & they made up lots of things we still use today.
Ancient Egyptians believed in about 2000 deities & their alphabet contained over 700 hieroglyphs!
Bread & beer were of top products of ancient Egypt. Christian cross is the Egyptian symbol "Ankh".
Ancient Egyptians believed in afterlife and the pyramids were built as tombs for pharaohs & VIPs.
Egypt is home of Giza Pyramid the lasting Ancient World Wonder & other 130 pyramids are there.
Alexandria is Egypt second largest city and it is often called "The Pearl of the Mediterranean".
Alexandria is only 225 Km from Cairo but its heritage is slightly different from the rest of Egypt.
The population of Alexandria is about 5 millions and enjoy mild winter and hot summers climate.
Alexandria was established 331 BC by Alexander the Great as the Graeco-Roman capital of Egypt.
Alexandria was known learning center & its lighthouse was one of the Wonders of ancient World.
Alexandria today become an Egyptian commercial and maritime important center for the country.
Alexandria has been historically referred in E M Forster - Cavafy writings and many other writers.
| 2-3 Persons
|| 4-6 Persons
|| 7-10 Persons